IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. We have grown to 70+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We are looking for a visionary and productive Head of IP with strong experience in intellectual property (IP) to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress.
What will I be doing?
- Developing and implementing IP strategy in connection to business development strategy
- Leading the patent review committee
- Providing freedom-to-operate analyses, patent landscape analyses and related risk assessments
- Monitoring IP of competitors, and conduct prior art searches
- Managing IP litigation with regards to unregistered design, patent and trademark infringements
- Providing legal opinions with appropriate business context
- Anticipating and articulating IP-related issues to leaders
- Conducting IP due diligence on business development opportunities
- Reviewing of IP terms in non-disclosure, research, material transfer, partnership, licensing and service agreements
What skills do I need?
- MSc degree in relevant field
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including relationship management, negotiation and presentation
- Ability to see the big picture of both IP and business landscapes
- Management skills in terms of the ability to multi-task, prioritize, set and meet deadlines
- Excellent personal skills and ability to lead diverse teams
Nice to have
- Technical background in physics or engineering
- Experience in using trademarks in connection to brand building
- German and/or Finnish communication skills
What I can expect from IQM
- An important mission to work on with a passionate and diverse team
- A unique opportunity to have a serious impact in a growing organization
- Plenty of room to progress alongside the company
Please send your application before 30th of November, 2020.