IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. We have grown to 80+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We are looking for a Mechanical Assembly & Packaging Technician to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress.
What will I be doing?
- Production of our in-house electronic products: assemble the enclosures, package all needed electronic parts and make the necessary connections / manual work (cabling, soldering, drilling, etc).
- Manage the production queue according to the order volume.
- Manage the assembled product inventory and coordinate with the quality control division to keep a testing queue.
- Inventory management: keep the necessary amount of parts in inventory according to the BOM and order volume. Keep track of lead times and order according to needs to assure a smooth production process.
- Collaborate in maintaining and expanding a supplier database and supply chain network.
What skills do I need?
- Hands-on experience in workshop tools, eg: soldering electronic components and cable connectors, drilling (eg: screw holes), polishing and cutting metal.
- You are organized and able to manage stock, BOM and orders and ensure constant availability of parts needed for assembly of the final product.
- Ability to organize a production queue and prioritize according to order volume and urgency.
- Ability to collaborate in creating and expanding the supplier network for mechanical production.
- Team collaboration skills, ability to work and promote collaboration in an interdisciplinary team.
- Fluent communication skills in English
Nice to have
- CAD design experience (preferred Inventor / AutoCad).
- Industrial product design experience.
- Thermal management design and simulation experience (eg: Fusion360 simulation).
What I can expect from IQM
An important mission to work on with a passionate and diverse team
A unique opportunity to have a serious impact in a growing organization
Plenty of room to progress alongside the company
Meet IQM People and hear our stories on Youtube here >>
Please send your application the soonest, we proceed with interviews on a continuous mode.