IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. We have grown to 80+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We are seeking for Packaging Engineer to join our team in Espoo!
Do you want to be part of a world-class team of quantum physicists, engineers, and computer experts who are working together to create new value for quantum computing? This is your chance. We are a company strongly integrated into the European quantum efforts and our international team is connected to business leaders and high-tech companies around the globe. Together, we can aim to shape the future by developing disruptive technologies for quantum computing.
What will I be doing?
In this role, you will be supporting the fabrication engineers in packaging as well as electrical testing of quantum processor chips. Training will be provided. Your main responsibilities include:
- Tend our automatic wire bonding machine for the purpose of device packaging and interconnection
- Develop new automated wire bond programs and optimize process parameters for different samples holders and printed circuit board
- Prepare chips and sample holders prior to packaging such as cleaning with chemicals, following health and safety procedures
- Conduct post packaging inspection such as capturing images using microscope and ensuring bond wires are intact
- Conduct electrical measurement or probing
- Scheduling the bonding of the samples by closely communicating and
- Execute maintenance of the auto bonder and auto prober
- Maintain a good procurement system of the packaging consumables
- Proper documentation of the status of the auto-bonder, packaged sample holder, storage system and measured data
- Constantly revise and improve existing packaging procedures
- Report to senior member and device fabrication team
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in electrical engineering or other relevant
- Ability to operate microscope and sample handling using tweezers
- Basic knowledge of electronics assembly
- Basic skills in working with chemicals
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a diverse team environment; Good interpersonal, teaming and communication skills
- Ability to read and work from detailed process sheets and drawings
- Good lab notebook skills for recording experimental results and documenting for learning and reproduction
We are seeking for a colleague who is comfortable in a fast-paced work environment and has great team working skills. In this position it's important to follow procedures consistently and have excellent organizing skills and ability to produce clear and well-organized reports.
What can I expect from IQM?
IQM offers a truly unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum computing. You’ll work in a VC funded company that is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers.
You will have all the development opportunities of a growing business, and the unique opportunity to make a serious impact on a growing organization.
This is an exciting time to join the fabrication team as we expand our operations in a state-of-the-art cleanroom. IQM is at the forefront of quantum technology’s transition from laboratory to industry, and as a member of the fabrication team you will help shape the industry standard for our quantum future.
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We’ll start the interview process immediately. Please attach your CV with the application.