IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. We have grown to 70+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We are looking for a creative and detailed oriented Patent Engineer with experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress.
What will I be doing?
- Drafting patent applications together with IQM engineers and external patent attorney
- Reviewing in-house inventions and assessing their patentability
- Conducting preliminary prior art searches
- Organizing of IP workshops and IP dissemination
- Handling the undergoing patent examination processes
- Keeping detailed records of patent applications and industrial secrets
What skills do I need?
- Strong scientific or engineering background in quantum physics and/or electrical engineering
- Strong social skills and Intercultural awareness
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Fluent in technical writing
- Meticulous attention to details
Nice to have
- Previous experience as a patent engineer, or previous knowledge of IP protection
- Knowledge in quantum computation and superconducting qubits
What I can expect from IQM
- An important mission to work on with a passionate and diverse team
- A unique opportunity to have a serious impact in a growing organization
- Plenty of room to progress alongside the company
Please send your application before 30th of November, 2020.