IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. Established in 2019, we have grown to 70+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach. www.meetiqm.com
Quantum Hardware Engineer, Munich
By joining IQM, you will enter a deep tech company driving disruptive advancements in Quantum computing. We are a world-class team of quantum physicists, engineers, and computer experts working together to create new value for quantum computing. We are strongly integrated into the European quantum efforts and our international team is connected to business leaders and high-tech companies around the globe. Together, we aim to shape the future by developing disruptive technologies for quantum computing. IQM has recently established an office in Munich, Germany and we are growing our co-design team there.
What will I be doing?
You will be part of a project team in a particular R&D topic area aiming to deliver a novel type of superconducting quantum computer. The topic areas include but are not limited to quantum processor control systems and software development, optimized characterization and operation of qubit systems, and system engineering.
Your role requires a background in the science, technology, and methodology of quantum systems, and you have the capacity to learn as well as to contribute to the hands-on R&D work as needed.
You will contribute to project planning and timely execution of the project work. Readiness for teamwork and collaborating constructively with other physicists and engineers is key.
What skills do I need?
- MSc in physics, electrical engineering, or similar field
- Skills in microwave measurement techniques and data analysis
- Knowledge in the experimental/theoretical control of systems for quantum information processing at cryogenic temperatures
- Knowledge of quantum architectures (specifically superconducting circuits)
- Knowledge or experience with quantum computation and quantum algorithms
- Basic programming skills (Python skills are valuable)
- You feel comfortable in a team-oriented, distributed development environment
- You keep your skills and knowledge fresh and are always eager to learn more
- You create elegant solutions amidst complexity
- You care deeply about building and keeping the internal and external quality of your work high
- You understand how to balance current needs with future scalability and extensibility
What can I expect from IQM?
IQM offers a truly unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum computing. You’ll work in a VC funded company that is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers.
You will have all the development opportunities of a growing business, and the unique opportunity to make a serious impact on a growing organization.
In addition to this, you’ll work with a truly talented and diverse team.
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We’ll start the interview process immediately. Please attach your CV and some work examples/portfolio.