IQM is searching for a quantum software engineer.
You get to be a critical contributor in building and defining truly novel and groundbreaking new technology – quantum computers.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Studies and research on quantum computation
- Professional software development experience
- Professional experience with quantum computation
We expect you to know quantum computing well (theory or experiments) and to have professional software development experience. Your experience is needed in the development of software products and aligning them with quantum computer hardware.
The end game is to build services, applications, and products for running quantum computers as part of a software engineering team.
- Writing code, reviewing code, testing, documentation
- Defining especially the quantum-computing intensive parts of our software products
- Planning the features and the architecture with the team
- Communicating and planning the details of the products with internal users
- Creating new applications from scratch
- Maintaining and extending existing products
Your work at IQM includes hands-on programming, reviewing code, discussing design decisions, testing, documenting, etc. – the standard day-to-day work of any software team. Readiness for teamwork and collaborating constructively with other physicists and engineers is key. We also expect you to make sound technical decisions that have a big impact on IQM’s success.
IQM offers a truly unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum computing in the company that is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers.
You will have the development opportunities of a growing business and the unique opportunity to have a serious impact on a growing organization.
In addition, and most of all, you’ll have the support and sparring of a truly talented and diverse team.
Apply as soon as possible as the position will be filled as soon as the right person is found!