IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. We have grown to 70+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We are looking for an experienced quantum engineer or scientist with leadership focus to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress.
What will I be doing?
Your will lead a project team in a particular R&D topic area aiming to delivery of a superconducting quantum computer. The topic areas include but are not limited to quantum processor design and modeling, control system and software development, optimized characterization and operation of qubit systems, and system engineering. You will have an immediate responsibility of the core project team consisting of 2-4 quantum engineers. With your strong technological competence, you will ensure a seamless operation of your team and linking its activities to the company’s goals and objectives by ensuring company-level collaboration. Your role requires a strong background in the science, technology, and methodology of quantum systems, and you have the capacity to instruct and train more junior team members in their work as well as to contribute to the hands-on R&D work as needed. You will contribute to project planning, and you will be responsible of timely execution of the project work.
Following tasks are included:
- Planning of R&D activities and project work
- Ensuring a timely execution and reporting progress of R&D activities
- Instructing and coaching more junior team members
- Participating in hands-on R&D work
What skills do I need?
- PhD in Electrical engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, or related field.
- Strong technological background in the field of quantum engineering
- Experience in an advisory or leadership role in research or industry domain
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent communication (English, verbal and written), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations in rapidly changing research environment
What I can expect from IQMAn important mission to work on with a passionate teamThe unique opportunity to have a serious impact in a growing organization Plenty of room to progress alongside the company