IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. Established in 2019, we have grown to 70+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach. www.meetiqm.com
Senior Quantum Software Engineer, Munich
By joining IQM, you will enter a deep tech company driving disruptive advancements in Quantum computing. We are a world-class team of quantum physicists, engineers, and computer experts working together to create new value for quantum computing. We are strongly integrated into the European quantum efforts and our international team is connected to business leaders and high-tech companies around the globe. Together, we aim to shape the future by developing disruptive technologies for quantum computing. IQM has recently established an office in Munich, Germany and we are growing our co-design team there.
What will I be doing?
You will lead a project team in a particular R&D topic area aiming to deliver a novel type of superconducting quantum computer. The topic areas include but are not limited to quantum processor design and modeling, control system and software development, optimized characterization and operation of qubit systems, and system engineering.
You will have immediate responsibility for the core project team consisting of 2-4 quantum engineers. With your strong technological competence, you will ensure a seamless operation of your team and linking its activities to the company’s goals and objectives by ensuring company-level collaboration.
Your role requires a strong background in the science, technology, and methodology of quantum systems, and you have the capacity to instruct and train more junior team members in their work as well as to contribute to the hands-on R&D work as needed.
You will contribute to project planning, and you will be responsible for the timely execution of the project work. Readiness for teamwork and collaborating constructively with other physicists and engineers is key.
What skills do I need?
- PhD in physics, electrical engineering, computer science, or a similar field
- Experience in quantum computation, quantum control, and/or quantum algorithms
- 2+ years experience running physics-based computer simulations
- 2+ years experience developing code using Python or another high-level language for scientific applications
- Experience in machine learning and deep learning
- Experience in superconductor or semiconductor device physics
- Experience in a corporate lab, government lab, or other managed research setting
- High-performance computing proficiency
- You feel comfortable in a team-oriented, distributed development environment
- You keep your skills and knowledge fresh and are always eager to learn more
- You create elegant solutions amidst complexity
- You care deeply about building quality in and keeping the internal and external quality of your applications high
- You understand how to balance current needs with future scalability and extensibility
- You know how to build new services from scratch but are not afraid of diving deep into legacy codebases as well
What can I expect from IQM?
IQM offers a truly unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum computing. You’ll work in a VC funded company that is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers.
You will have all the development opportunities of a growing business, and the unique opportunity to make a serious impact on a growing organization.
In addition to this, you’ll work with a truly talented and diverse team.
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We’ll start the interview process immediately. Please attach your CV and some work examples/portfolio.