IQM is searching for multiple software developers for roles varying from senior to junior members of the team.
You get to be a critical contributor in building and defining truly novel and groundbreaking new technology – quantum computers. You don’t need to be an expert on quantum computation, we have those too, but what you need is curiosity and willingness to learn new things and technologies.
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least a few years of experience as a software developer, preferably using Python and Scala
- Experience in backend design
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
Creating elegant solutions amidst complexity is what we do. You have built new services from scratch are not afraid of diving deep into the legacy codebase. You care deeply about building quality and keeping the internal and external quality of your applications high.
- Writing code, reviewing code, testing, documentation
- Planning the features and the architecture with the team
- Communicating and planning the details of the products with internal users
- Creating a new application from scratch
- Maintaining and extending existing products
Your work at IQM includes hands-on programming, reviewing code, discussing design decisions, testing, documenting etc. – the standard day-to-day work of any software team. Readiness for teamwork and collaborating constructively with physicists and other engineers is key. We also expect you to make sound technical decisions that have a big impact on IQM’s success.
Further expectations for a senior developer
- Extensive coding experience with Python
- Experience in software architecture design with scalability
You take an active role in working out requirements and following up on existing features. You make sure the individual components, as well as their integration, work as they should. You lead by example and lift others. You create visibility and communicate clearly.
IQM offers a truly unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum computing in the company that is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers.
You will have the development opportunities of a growing business and the unique opportunity to have a serious impact on a growing organization.
In addition, and most of all, you’ll have the support and sparring of a truly talented and diverse team.
Apply as soon as possible as the position will be filled as soon as the right person is found